Copy-Editing: Mark Kharas
With degrees from Harvard Divinity School and Swarthmore College, our copy editor has broad familiarity with the humanities and social sciences.
He has experience copy editing the writing of fluent, non-native English speakers, offering a service that is in between standard copy editing and full service editing. Specifically, he will propose rewrites of sentences or paragraphs to convey your ideas with greater clarity and elegance.
All copy editing services include:
- Corrections of spelling, punctuation and grammar and run on sentences
- Consistency of voice and style
- Adherence to style guide applicable to your journal or publication
- Citation formatting and cleanup
- Creation of a report detailing frequently corrected errors to refer to in future writing projects
Rates are competitive, especially considering the enhanced level of service offered:
- $50 for works up to 1,500 words
- $110 for works 1,501 – 5,000 words
- $165 for works 5,001 – 10,000 words
- $0.0165 per word for works over 10,000 words
Additional services, such as citation cross referencing, are also available. We also offer discounts for works that are already polished and require only light proofreading. Contact us to see how we can meet your specific needs.