We founded Ideas Unleashed because we believe people who have great ideas should be able to bring them to the world.
Experts should rise above the noise. The internet has “democratized publishing.” Everyone can publish, even if they have nothing to say. The high volume of low-quality noise drowns out the top level work being done. We want to help bring the best thinking to a wider audience.
Experts should spend their time striving for new heights, not monitoring web traffic. Bach spent his time composing, not doing A/B testing on email list signup boxes, and the world is far richer for it. Experts should be spending their time pushing the boundaries of excellence, while we handle the nitty-gritty details.
Great ideas should change people’s lives. Thought leaders want to inspire and educate their audience. Ideas Unleashed works to see experts succeed at one of the most important goals, making a difference for others with valuable knowledge.
Experts need to make a living. Rather than just sharing their material for “exposure” (people die of exposure, you know), experts should be able to expect a real income from their hard work. While the internet has driven down the value of information, it has also opened up the ability to create information businesses that make real income from expertise.
We are a strongly values-centered company. We believe that having shared values makes it much more fun to work together, and attracts the kind of people we want to work with.
- Journalistic integrity. We believe that “spin” (which is “spin” for “deliberate deception”) has become all too common. We work with people who care about high quality. We tell the truth as we know it, and we seek to verify our sources and information. We partner with experts who do the same.
- Strong relationships. We act as partners with each other and with the experts we work with. We are in it for mutual success all the way around. Our emphasis is on a long-term relationship that benefits all of us, not on short-term transactions.
- Hell, Yes! We work only with “Hell, Yes!!” partners, clients, and affiliates. Life is too short to settle for less.
- Continuous improvement. We can always do better. We regularly ask ourselves (and those we partner with!) how we’re doing, and improve our skills at every available opportunity. For example, to generate high-quality content, we have adopted editing processes and workflow from a major metropolitan newsroom that must produce hundreds of pages of high-quality writing each night.
- Respect for ability and results. We respect and honor people for their attitude, commitment, and ability to produce results. We give our people whatever responsibility they can handle, as long as they’re willing to commit to growing into the role. We choose our expert partners on the basis of their ability and results, not their prestige or fame.